Loft Conversions Kensington
We strongly believe in complete customer satisfaction. We treat each project as our own home.
Lifestyle is a premier loft conversion company in London. We offer a complete house extension service from planning, design and build through to the final finishing touches. We will give you the extra space you require in your house be it an office, bedroom or playroom, while adding value to your house. Lifestyle will take care of your planning permission and building regulation from planning to the final decorations. All work is fully complied with the national regulatory standards.
Guide to Loft conversions
Loft conversions are typically done to create more living space and to maximize equity in their home. However there are some key questions to think about:
How to determine whether your property is suitable for a loft conversion:
Measure the height of the roof space as you'll need around 2.3 metres (7ft 6in) to allow for enough headroom. A steeper roof will allow for more headroom, but if there is not enough headroom in the existing space, raising the roof or ceiling is a popular option, but also subject to planning consent. Lifestyle Design + Build will be able to advice you on this.
Do I need a specialist company or architect?
You can achieve the best results by using an architect or structural engineer to draw up the plans and use a reputable building company to process the project. Make sure your building company is registered with a professional association such as the federation of master builders which requires strict standards of quality and best practices. Specialist companies will have the skills and experience necessary to plan the best use of the limited space available, taking into account key structural features and accommodating the best practices.
Checklist for loft conversion
- Enough headroom- You'll need approximately 2.3 metres at the highest point.
- Bathroom? If so will your plumbing system cope with the extra pressure requirements for piping water up an additional level?
- Central heating system- will it cope with the additional radiators?
- Planning permission? It's always best to check with your local authorities to the complex criteria. Some properties don't require planning permission Permitted Development Rights legislation 2008. If required, it needs to be submitted for approval by local authorities or online through the government planning portal.
- If you are in a terraced or semi-detached property you may need to give notice to your neighbours of your proposed changes under the Party Wall Act (1996). Lifestyle will be able to advise on whether this is necessary.
- Additional electrical work
- Access to new space- is there enough room for placing a staircase?
- Will the soundproofing, insulation and ventilation be sufficient?
Building Regulators Information
Federation of Master Builders
Party Wall Act Information
UK Government Planning Permission Portal
LIFESTYLE CAN PROVIDE YOU WITH
- Expert advice: We believe in providing a complete, stress-free and reliable service, providing free advice and quotations. A house extension can add 20-30% value to your home, whether it's a kitchen diner, garden room or full two-storey build.
- A complete service- why hire individual contractors for separate jobs at additional costs when you get can get one company to do everything at a great package. Lifestyle will be your one point of contact who will deal with the planning permission and regulators, building work, plasterers, plumbers, fitters, electrical work and decorating.
- Stress-free- Lifestyle takes care of everything from start to finish, updating throughout the process and provide you with a schedule. If there are any unforeseen issues we will liaise with you and provide the best solutions to the problem.
- Trust- Our business is based on referrals and our customers are very important to our company.
REASONS TO CHOOSE LIFESTYLE
- Value for money
- Hand-hold the entire process
Telford Avenue, Streatham
Telford Avenue - Streatham
12 MONTH GUARANTEE
Lifestyle offers a 12 month Guarantee on all our work.
Unlike most other Guarantee/Warranty schemes we don't charge any extra money for this service and we fix any problems within a very short time.