House Extensions Kensington
We strongly believe in complete customer satisfaction. We treat each project as our own home.
Lifestyle is a premier home extension company in London. We offer a complete house extension service from planning, design and build through to the final finishing touches. We will give you the extra space you require in your house be it an office, bedroom or playroom, while adding value to your house. Lifestyle will take care of your planning permission and building regulation from planning to the final decorations. All work is fully complied with the national regulatory standards.
Guide to Home Extensions
It is difficult to know where to start when planning an extension, so here are some key questions you need to consider:
Property location- Is my property located in a conservation area? So you need to check for any special regulations in the area. This is something Lifestyle is able to assist you with and advice you with the suitability of your home.
Do I need an architect?- A large building project to be stressful to undertake and coordinate. You can achieve the best results by using an architect or structural engineer to draw up the plans and use a reputable building company to process the project. Make sure your building company is registered with a professional association such as the federation of master builders which requires strict standards of quality and best practices. Lifestyle as a company can offer you all the above.
Checklist for planning your Extension
Budget: consider your budget, allow contingency for any changes. Get like-for-like quotes from builders.
Planning permission: It’s always best to check with your local authorities to the complex criteria. Some properties don’t require planning permission [link: ‘Permitted Development Rights’] legislation 2008. If required, it needs to be submitted for approval by local authorities or online through the [link‘: government planning portal’]. Also consider the look of the extension, precedence of other properties, the impact on the environment, neighbours and community are all factors taken into account when authorities look at your application.
Building regulation: A legal requirement for the safety of newly built structures. [link: building regulations]. Again a reputable building company will be conversant and arrange the necessary building approvals.
Informing neighbours: A written consent is required before starting work if you share a wall or boundary [link: ‘Party Wall Act’].
Choosing a Building company: A reputable building company should have a premises, a member of a professional association (e.g. FMB) and are insured. Always ask for client testimonials and examples of previous work to back up their credentials. A professional building company should be happy to provide you with these details.
Building Regulators Information
Federation of Master Builders
Party Wall Act Information
UK Government Planning Permission Portal
LIFESTYLE CAN PROVIDE YOU WITH…
- Expert advice: We believe in providing a complete, stress-free and reliable service, providing free advice and quotations. A house extension can add 20-30% value to your home, whether it’s a kitchen diner, garden room or full two-storey build.
- A complete service- why hire individual contractors for separate jobs at additional costs when you get can get one company to do everything at a great package. Lifestyle will be your one point of contact who will deal with the planning permission and regulators, building work, plasterers, plumbers, fitters, electrical work and decorating.
- Stress-free- Lifestyle takes care of everything from start to finish, updating throughout the process and provide you with a schedule. If there are any unforeseen issues we will liaise with you and provide the best solutions to the problem.
- Trust- Our business is based on referrals and our customers are very important to our company.
REASONS TO CHOOSE LIFESTYLE
- Value for money
- Hand-hold the entire process
12 MONTH GUARANTEE
Lifestyle offers a 12 month Guarantee on all our work.
Unlike most other Guarantee/Warranty schemes we don’t charge any extra money for this service and we fix any problems within a very short time.